Monday, July 11, 2011

October - December 2010

I went back to work on 10/4/10.  Work was shaky - a lot of changes were going on.  I was weak but I tried to hide it.  I couldn't eat a whole lot without spending half the day in the bathroom.

At the same time, one of my sons started really acting out at school.  He was spending time with the school counselor and I started taking him to a psychologist.  He was displaying a lot of anger management issues.  It was very stressful, but I tried once again to hide it and handle it.

It really never got better and as October slide into November issue weren't getting any better and things began to crumble.  My son spent a lot of time in in-school suspension.  The crazy part of it was that he is a really great kid.  But no matter the counseling and restriction at home nothing seemed to reach him.

His father and I ended up in a meeting with the school principal and his teachers.  The discussion centered around his behavior, the counseling he was receiving and how we could make it better.  Didn't help.  As he continued to deteriorate at school and it affected my health suffered.

I have rheumatoid arthritis - which flared up and made me feel even crappier.  During my treatments, the docs took me off my high powered arthritis meds.  I was living off high doses of steroids.  Also my lower back went haywire from disc degenerative disease.  I needed surgery but the timing was bad.  The back doc told me I would have to gain some weight before I could withstand surgery.  I ended up getting four rounds of steroid shots in my back.  The fourth one finally did the trick.

For the Rheumatoid arthritis meds make me immuno suppressed.  This played into my cervical cancer.  Most cervical cancer is caused by the HPV virus.  Most people sluff it off after a couple of years.  But as I was immuno suppressed my body couldn't get rid of it.  Thus it lead to the cancer.  A scary part of it is that my body will never be able to get rid of it - which can cause more cancer.

I went for a repeat PET/CT scan in December.  At that time it showed no residual cancer in my body.  But my 3 month follow up with the gynocological oncologist in which he did a Pap test, still showed abnormal cells from the HPV.  I was showing high grade dysplasia which is two steps before cancer.  Better believe I will get all three of my children the HPV immunization shot.  More later -

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment