Sunday, February 3, 2013

Wow - already February

Sleep, kids, weekend on, weekend off.  Time just keeps going on.  Feeling kind of funky but otherwise all is ok.  Time keeps ticking.

Tried to have a logical conversation with one of my ten year olds tonight.  Went like this:  I have been getting notes from his teacher almost daily.  Little notes - not the whole picture until Friday. 

Daniel could not find his special composition notebook that was decorated at the beginning of the school year.  I have not taken many pictures - nor printed off school pics from the discs that I have bought for the last 2 to 3 years - pretty much since I got sick.  Needed pics and other stuff to decorate the composition book.  We searched the house, my car and I called my mom to have her check to see if it was there - no luck.  He needs it for a project he is doing at school.  However, we got lucky and found a blank composition book.

Logical conversation:  he said he hadn't seen the original one for about 3 weeks.  I told him we had been down the school supply aisle at HEB at least 5 or 6 times over that 3 weeks and asked him why he never mentioned it.

I asked him to search the house - I helped.  No luck.  We had the responsibility discussion.  I asked him how old he was - answer correct, I asked him how old he was acting like - answer correct.  I asked him where he thought the composition book was.  He responded that he put it in his back pack one day and the next day it was gone but that he personally did not take it out - wrong answer.  I asked if it was there one day and not the next - he said he did not lose it - wrong answer.  I asked him how it magically went missing.  He has no idea - I told him he should know and things just don't go missing.  I asked him if a magic fairy had taken it - he shrugged his shoulders - not the appropriate response.  I took him off the computer here at the house unless he can show up with the original composition book tomorrow.  That kills them all - especially the boys.

Why don't I learn to try not to have a logical discussion with them - it is fruitless.  Enough about that - it just makes me want to beat my head against the wall.

Also tried teaching Sarah how to use a curling iron.  Didn't go very well.  She is sticking to her straightening iron - which she has down.

Family counseling has been going very good.  I am so glad I found the program.

Hope all is well with each and everyone of you.  Thank you so much for the continued prayers.

More later -

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment