Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Falling Apart

It has been awhile - my life went upside down for a bit.  I knew the stress of it would catch me - I just didn't know when.  Well it happened yesterday - and I was out like a light and couldn't function.  Enough about me.  This is really about some of the most important people in my life.  I would do it again no matter the consequences.

In my last post, I told you what happened to my mother - which in and of itself, can knock me down.  Then when I heard the word stroke, my mind went to the typical massive stroke.  God was watching and helping her - she had two small strokes.  You can't even tell she had a stroke - she does however look very tired and is still healing.  Thank you for the continued prayers.

Well the stress of it got me the last two days.  It really socked me hard in the stomach yesterday.  I barely made it upstairs to make sure everyone was up and getting ready for school.  I was so shaky and scared going up the stairs.  So I stopped and laid down on the playroom couch.  Daniel is usually up first, so when I heard him I asked him to bring me phone.  I dialed my mom - luckily she was awake.  So the wonder woman of Moms (who had recently had two strokes) came right over and took over.

The nurse came over at 8 am.  I was dead to the world - she banged on the door.  I finally got up.  She asked me if I wanted her to take me to the doc.  I said no.  She took my blood and vitals.  Since I was fairly lucid, she let it go and said she would call me later to check on me.  Mom picked up the kids and got them food.  I slept most of the time - but they showered and made it to bed on time.

So after almost 36 hours without meds - stress took over and I slept. I feel human today.  I hate that I am not strong enough to handle all of this. I don't know how my mom did it all when I was really sick for the last 3 years - and what it took from her.  She is truly a blessing.

More later -

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment