Saturday, March 2, 2013

What do teeth have to due with Cancer???

It really is just another side effect.  Due to my being fed through the feed bag, I do not eat foods that provide fluids our bodies need.  Yes, I drink diet coke all day - but it is not enough.  The dentist said water won't help either.  My mouth feels dry all day long.  He gave me some Biotene mouth rinse with so I will try it.  I wake to go to the bathroom at night I first have to have something I can drink before any thing else.

I went to the dentist this last week because the left side of my chin was swollen and red - and it hurt like heck.  After I had made the appointment, I noticed a red sore spot on my left clavicle.  So you ask, what does this all affect my teeth.  I am getting there. At night when I have had all my meds, I don't walk so great.  I recalled slamming into the wall - thus the soreness on my chin and clavicle.  I now use my walker at night - it has helped some.  Only problem with it is that it does not fit into the guest bathroom.  For example, I went to sit down and my back hit the lid of the toilet all the way down - hurt.

But I went anyhow - just in case.  Jaw was good.  Teeth not so good.  One of the side effects of not being able to eat, is I get dry mouth.  Thus the connection.  If there is a side effect, I will get it (I know I have said this before but it is so true).  The dryness causes cavities.  I haven't had a cavity for so long - I can't even remember.  So I have 6 cavities that need work - one of the six needs a crown.  Really???  What's next?

More later -

post signature

1 comment:

  1. It's actually a cool and useful piece of information. I'm happy that you just shared this useful info
    with us. Please keep us up to date like this. Thanks for sharing.


    Feel free to visit my web page ... Beginning Symptoms Of Mono
    Also see my page > symptoms of mono in teenagers

    ReplyDelete