Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Update

I have gone for two injections in my back.  Really helped with the pain.  However my right foot is numb and my left foot is numb (left foot has been numb for years).  Anyhow, it makes walking interesting.  Going in on the 7th for more injections - hopefully will take care of the numbness.

Going in on the 18th for vaginal biopsies. He does them under anesthesia because they hurt so much.  I guess he is checking to see if it is cancer or displaysia.  From there, we will discuss the options.

On another note, my Stepfather, Paul, passed away in the early morning hours of Monday around 2:30 am.  He will be sorely missed.  My mom puts on a brave face while around others.  When she is alone, she has her moments. 

She said she feels lost and doesn't know what to do.  She has been his caretaker as Alzheimers took away his a lot of his ability to do things - even simple things like make a cup of coffee - he didn't remember how he liked it.  He stopped eating about 3-4 weeks ago.  My mom had had the stomach bug early last week.  She thought he had caught it.  He hadn't.  He had been bleeding internally. 

The doctors put him on a respirator and were fighting keeping his blood pressure up.  His heart stopped once but they were able to get it going again.  A nurse asked my mom if she wanted them to continue to try to keep him alive and mom said yes.  A doctor came in shortly after the nurse.  He asked mom again if she wanted them to continue to try.  My mom said - if I can get him back to where he was.  The doctor sadly said no.  My mom had to make a difficult decision to let him go.  He died peacefully unaware.

After school, I had to tell the triplets on Monday.  They took it hard.  Matthew was hit the hardest.  I kept them home on Tuesday.  A lot of tears were shed.  I sent them to school today - hoping it will be a distraction.  It is so hard to let go of those we love.  But, he is in Heaven and we will see him again.

More later -

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment