Sunday, January 15, 2012

W, W, W, W? and 3 things I am grateful for

Who?  Me

What? Cervical cancer, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Intestinal Enteritis, Bladder Cystitis, Degenerative Disc Disease, and a little crazy

When?  RA - 1995, Degenerative Disc Disease 2008 to current, A little crazy 2002, Cervical Cancer 2010, Intestinal Enteritis 2011, and Bladder Cystitis 2011.  Numerous surgeries: C section, 2 hand surgeries, Plates put in my right foot to fuse joints,  Disc resection in my lower back(need another surgery, but the doc won't even consider it due to my low weight (every time I type that, I have to laugh) and general bad health, Small intestine resection - took out the 18 inches that caused blockages and extreme pain, left knee replacement and numerous procedures - some more painful than others. Very grateful to have a pain management doc to help with all the tremendous pain.  Most time the meds work and other times I just want to bang my head against a wall to distract from all the other pain.

Why?  Why not?  A very special cousin of mine and a great Christian, posted a comment in the last couple of months and two things struck me:  1.)  She has gone through such pain, infections and probably a host of other issues that I do not know about following a horrific car accident- but she posted that she was sure my pain was greater than hers.  I have a hard time with this one - we all experience terrible pain in different ways.  We live with the pain daily.  I think her pain is greater than mine.  How to measure?  I don't think the 1 to 10 scale applies here.  2.) She asked what God is trying to teach us?  My only guess is to help others through their sufferings.  If you have any other ideas - please let me know - I am open to hear your point of view.  Life is not always what you expect it to be - but I do not think God willy-nilly decides who should hurt and who should not.  Sometimes you just draw the short straw.  And from that, you teach others.

3 things I am grateful for:

Note:  Some items may be repetitious

1.) A loving God
2.) My wonderful family near and far
3.) The really good steak that a wonderful friend grilled for my children and I.  I ate a very tiny bit - but lost it all about 2 hours later.  But dang, it was GOOD.

More later -


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment