Tuesday, January 3, 2012

I received the following email today and agreed to publish it here

Dear Kelly,
Thank you as always for your hard work on My Cervical Cancer Journey.  I am a social media marketer and outreach coordinator for many companies and causes.  Today I am reaching out as a personal effort on behalf of my cousin Bert:

I’m Bert. As you know, cancer is the hardest thing many of us will ever go through in our lives. In the space of ten months, my wife left me, my boss fired me, and I don’t have a home to call my own anymore.  What’s more – I’ve been diagnosed with metastasized cancer. I’m also the father of a five year old boy. We all know the traditional country music story line: “I lost my woman, my job, my house… even my dog.” Well, those songs rarely mention cancer, so I had to write my own version: http://youtu.be/qwZEZ6y6fow.
I’m doing everything I can to stay strong, and this song is one way I can greet it with a sense of humor. But I need help and support, and can’t go it alone in this latest chapter of my story. I’m asking you to help sing along; please embed this video link on your blog, and help share my story.  I will definitely link to your blog on my own cancer blog!
Your contribution will help me write the next verse; please share!  This is the site where people can make a donation:  http://bertscholl.com/ It would mean a lot to me and my family if you saw fit to share this.  Please do let me know.
 Wishing you the best in 2012,

Jessica Bloom Paulson

Cancer affects so many - so sad that people get the initial diagnoses and don't know the brutality of the diagnoses until the treatments begin or if you decided against treatment it is a brutal decision for the patient and their family.

So here's to Bert.  I wish him all the best.

More later -



post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment