Friday, June 22, 2012

Doc appointment 6/21

My mom took me to a follow-up with my internist, Dr. Simon, yesterday.  Dr. Simon is one of my favorite docs.  We discussed a number of things  one of which has had me perplexed since the beginning - where my brain went on vacay for 5 days after my fall and subsequent infection. He said when I showed up at the ER, I was a complete medical mess.

After the ER, I was put in ICU.  He said within hours he received a call saying the blood cultures were having a massive party in the petri dish.  I was septic and my organs were shutting down.  That is where my brain went on vacay for 5 days.  Glad I didn't know it then. At that point, the docs just started throwing antibiotics at me. They were trying to keep me alive.

The EMS guys couldn't get a blood pressure read on me  I remember the ambulance ride and after that it was 5 day later.  Dr. Simon said he called a doctor who specializes in ICU patients, Dr. Marks, and said that that doc saved my life.  Thank you Dr. Marks whereever you are.  I was almost intubated.  Dr. Simon also said I was also lucky to walk out of there 10 days later.  He said patients like me typically spend months in the hospital.

There have been two other occasions I have come close to kicking off.  This was the 3rd.  All I know is God is not done with me yet.  For that, I am beyond grateful.  Thanks to all who prayed for me.

We also discussed my last day in the hospital and my behavior - but that is another post.

More later -


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment