Thursday, November 22, 2012

My Thanksgiving

The kids and I were going to my mom's house.  At first, we were going over around noon.  I called her back and we changed it to 3 since the kids and I have been sleeping really late and would not make it by noon.

So, I got the kids loaded up - which takes about 15 or more minutes - I should have started earlier.  So finally around 3:12 we pulled out of the driveway.  My car phone rung (that is why I knew the precise time) and it was my mom looking for us.  I told her we were on our way.

I sat at the table - my mom outdid herself. The food looked great, but it turned my stomach and I had no appetite.  My mom caught on pretty quickly and offered that I go home and she said she would bring the kids home later.

I told her no.  I would just lay down on the couch and wait for them to be done.  This way the kids would go with me and she wouldn't be saddled with one more task.  I layed down and was out like a light.  I woke up about 3 hours later and rounded up the kids - another 20-25 minutes later we were headed home (about a mile).

I feel like the Thanksgiving turkey party pooper.  Such is my life.  It affects everyone.  They understand but I would guess they would rather me at the table.  But at least I have a family I can go to and care for me as I do them.

Happy Thanksgiving!  Hope you had family and friends that you could spend it with.

More later -



post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment