Thursday, April 19, 2012

Ten Year Old Triplets - Take 2

Hi All,

Still working with the new insurance to make sure everything is covered.  The doc wants to do it at an ambulatory center (that he has a financial interest in).  This center does not take my insurance.  I called and they said they would take the difference between the outpatient copays for a network facility vs. a non-network facility.  I have until the 29th to get this straightened out.  Go figure.

Now on to the last 18 hours with the triplets:

1.  My sensitive redhead got upset that he did not get $50 in his checkbook for behaving nicely for the sub as he was on the computer taking an AR test.  He was pouting, crying etc.  I told him to get his act together and calmly explain to his regular teacher and ask for the $50.  He said she would not give it to him.  This all started after school yesterday.  When they went to bed, the crying started all over again.  When he was leaving for school, the crying started again.  I told him there was nothing I could do.  I again told him to get his act together, wipe away the tears and calmly speak to his teacher.  Of course he won't.  I can't take the whining and crying over spilt milk.  Makes me crazy.

2.  Same redhead who is also in GT was working on his autobiography for school last night (so is the Diva but we will get to that later).  The first part was when they were babies so I helped alot since they would not remember it.  The second part was something that happened when they were 1-4.  Redhead said his was done.  I didn't check it because he likes to write.

Last night, they had to write about their families and pets.  He did not want to do it and didn't know where to start.  I told him it was about his life now and it should be easy.  It took me an hour and a half to push him to do it.  He did not know where to start.  He did not know what the next sentence should be.  On and on - pouting all the way through something that should have taken 20-30 minutes.  I wanted to beat my head against the wall (recurring theme around here).

3a.  Diva's turn:  same project.  As with redhead, I helped alot with the baby bit.  With the 1-4 piece, I gave them general ideas so they could write them into sentences.  She threw a fit - saying she wasn't a good writer, that I didn't care etc.  Another hour and a half wasted.  However, she did not have a problem with the here and now piece.

3b.  Ten o'clock last night, I was in a deep sleep.  Diva came down the stairs saying she couldn't sleep.  So she woke me up to tell me that.  At this point in the past, I would tell her to just get in my bed - miraculously she is able to sleep there.  Last night though I told her to go back to bed and sometimes it is harder than others to get to sleep.  She did not like that answer and likes to argue her point - so I heard how much I don't care and then her stomping up the stairs and slamming her door.

Five minutes later as I was blissfully falling back to sleep, here she comes again.  This time she was raising her voice and telling me again how much I didn't care.  I told her there was nothing I could do - no magical pill.  She went on and on and on and on.  I finally told her she was on restriction.  I wake up and there is an apology note that went like this:

Dear Mommy,

I'm appologizing for what happened last night.  Please let me have one more chance!

Yes ______
No_______
Maybe_______

Your daughter,
Sarah
Creager
(please
forgive
me,  I was very frustrated)!

Love ya!

Yes, this is word for word and all the spelling is how she wrote it.  This morning I told her apology accepted but restriction still on.  Guess what - she didn't like that answer either.

I am trying to say what I mean and mean what I say.  They know I am a push over - but rules are changing around here.  Lord, please give me the strength.  Otherwise, I will need to be taken to the hospital with a concussion.

More later -

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment