Tuesday, April 17, 2012

TPN Vacay!

The nurse from the doc office that runs my TPN called a couple of weeks ago and asked if I wanted to try to get off TPN.  I said no because I still can't retain food.  But it put the thought in my head and I contemplated it for a couple of weeks.  How nice would it be to not be tied to a feedback daily and be able to take a shower.

So I called the nurse back yesterday and asked if I could try it for a week or two and see how it goes.  She said it would be ok.  I started to get a little nervous this morning.  When the nurse came to take my blood, I talked to her about it.  She made me feel better about it.  She called it a major drug vacay and told me many people do it.  Made me feel better.  So for a short time - I get a little freedom and get to take showers.  May not sound like much - but it is the small things.

I have to watch my weight daily and try to force myself to eat.   I am going to try very small meals - ie 4 triscuits - if I go over that I lose it.  I have tried it before.  So for a little while, I get to feel a little normal.  Yay.  But I don't foresee it as a forever thing but who knows.

Happy Tuesday!

More later  -



post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment