Wednesday, May 30, 2012

On a Merry Go Round that won't stop and I WANT OFF NOW

This is beyond my tolerance.   I know I won't die from it but the pain is out of control.  I know there must be millions of other people that are in more pain than I am - but I HURT.  I finally found a urologist on my insurance plan and I have been pre-certified to make an appointment with her.  I plan to call tomorrow.

I gave up today calling the pain management doc - plan to get back on that tomorrow.  I looked at the label on the prescription that they gave me for breakthrough pain.  I can take up to 6 a day - which is 180 pills for a month.  But when I called the pharmacy, they told me the doc wrote the script for 120 pills - so now we are at 60 short.  The way the script is written cannot be filled that way because the boxes of the med  come with 7 - 4 pack pills - so that is now at 112 pills.  The 6 a day would be very helpful when I wake up every 2 hours in screaming pain.  When someone figures this math out, please let me know - I don't get it and I don't think the morphine has anything to do with this.

I am living in constant pain unless I lay down all day and then on a pain scale of 1 to 10, my pain may go down to between 4-5.  If I sit up or stand for more than 30 minutes to an hour, my pain is off the scale.  The doc office was not cooperative yesterday - I hope they are more helpful tomorrow.  I don't want to live like this - I can't.

Thanks for the continued prayers and support.  I think I will now  go scream in a pillow as loud as I can and hope that releases something - don't know what yet but hey can't hurt.

More later-
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment