Saturday, December 22, 2012

Chrismas spirit and more

A very good friend planned it.  When we first talked about it, the only day we could come up was today.  I told her it was so close to Christmas and that I would completely understand if it couldn't fall into place.  But, even as Christmas time is here, all these people showed up.

She and some friends wanted to get together, decorate my house - whatever I needed done.  Such kindness and the true spirit of Christmas.  She arranged for a group of friends from where I used to work to get together.  I was worried to put these people on the spot during the holiday season and so close to Christmas.

But this great group put their busy lives on hold and came out to my neck of the woods and we met for lunch.  I am always surprised by the gentleness and kindness of people.  Being ill for so long, I have seen it manifest itself in so many ways.

So for those that were there and those that wanted to be, thank you from the bottom of my heart.  They are friends, prayer warriors and kind people.  So generous with their hearts and time.  There are no words to Thank you properly - but it was a wonderful Christmas gift.

Just a little shout out to Lisa Thaddeus - I know you wanted to be there and couldn't.  I would have loved to have seen you but as schedules go, I completely understand.  You have such a kind heart and I appreciate all the prayers.  I hope you have a wonderful Holiday Season and enjoy having your children home.

Another shout out to Cathy - for picking me up and taking me home.  You are a dear friend.  Love you dearly.

And the last shout out to Debbie for putting this all together.  By the way I love the glass you had installed in your bathroom. :)

Ok - one more shout out - Dawn - It was beyond wonderful to see you.  We have to paint and stay more in touch.  Love you to pieces.

More later -



  post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment