Monday, December 31, 2012

Christmas 2012

My family celebrated Christmas on the evening of the 26th.  So much happened before and after that date that I am going to break it down into a couple of blogs so that it may make more sense.  So back to Christmas celebration.  My kids love my Chex Mix.  I have changed it up a bit - I put a lot more Worcestershire sauce in it and honey nut Cheerios (and absolutely no pretzels and peanuts) - so it is very savory and sweet.  Love it!  To each is own.

Mom and I had made a menu plan - all apps.  Six or seven things.  I made 6 batches of Chex Mix - one for each kid, one for a friend, one for my parents and one for the party.  I did this Christmas Day all day.  My arthritis reared it's ugly head.  Repetitive motions kill me - tons of prednisone later and about 10-12 hours later it worked itself out.  Ok enough about me.  Back to the celebration.



Mom shows up the afternoon of the 26th to make sausage and cheese balls and I worked on setting out all the other stuff.  She went OVERBOARD (Hi Mom).  We had sooooo much food and more from other parts of the family, friends and neighbors.  Enough for a 30 person party.  Anyway - all was enjoyed by who was here.  Kids even got sparkling grape juice - in plastic long stem champagne glasses - they thought they were the bomb.

Ok - KIDS ENTRANCE!  They couldn't even stop to say hello to who was here.  They are 10 - I know they are excited but I think they are old enough to say hi - 5 seconds.  Maybe I am expecting too much.  I blocked their entrance to the living room and made them say Hi while they were in the middle of jumping up and down and saying let me at the presents.  So I was happy.  Then they dug in.  So they were happy.  They liked what they got - so all was good and enjoyed by all.  My mom and kids got me the coolest presents.  I am very grateful.

As a side, as the days passed, Sarah kept measurements on her bucket of Chex Mix.  I mean really????  She had quite the opinion and would loudly blame her brothers for eating it.  Since she was a really little kid, she has never been one to share.

Then all heck broke loose.

More later -


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment