Thursday, December 13, 2012

What's up lately?

It has been awhile, so I thought I would give you a run down as life as I know it - pretty boring stuff (you have been warned.)

I am finally healing up from my last procedure.  I can sit without pain.  Thanks to all my prayer warriors for keeping the prayers going!

Christmas is upon us.  As the decorations go up, I feel like I just took them down from last year.  Feeling a little Scroogey - if there is such a word.  Finally got my Christmas presents ordered - love the internet! 

In the past, I had a job or was on severance.  So there was plenty of money to over-buy presents.  For the first time this year, the kids will see only 3-4 presents under the tree.  Nothing extravagant. And not the 10-12 presents they are accustomed to.

I think it is way better this way.  In years past, they would tear through all the wrapping paper.  They would leave all boxes and wrapping paper on the floor faster than the adults could stuff the wrapping paper in garbage sacks.  They would usually have 1 or 2 presents they would like and forget the rest and just cluttered the toy room (which is another blog in and of itself).

One thing I have been doing is watching the World's Strictest Parents on YouTube.  Due to my lack of having limits for the longest time, I have been taking tips from it.  I really hope to make a reasonable impact so that they know there are consequences to their actions.  I just have to stick with it.

Please remember my cousin, Mel, in your prayers.  She had a horrible car accident about two years ago and has gone through at least 19 surgeries to her hip.  There are so many issues with infections and she is not healing properly.  She is still in pain and going through the trials and tribulations of this for so long. 

Have to remember the reason for the season and not how many presents are under the tree.  Hope each of you have a wonderful holiday season.

More later -

post signature

1 comment:

  1. January is cervical cancer awareness and I am looking for unique guest blog posts to hightlight on my website (http://thegypsynurse.com) to bring awareness.

    Please contact me if you are interested

    ReplyDelete