Tuesday, October 2, 2012

What the heck?

It has been a rough recovery road.  I have had a nasty cold or something for the last 6 to 8 weeks.  Finally started taking Mucinex - helped my nose but not my lungs.  Sunday afternoon, my right side upper back ribs hurt like heck anytime I breathed deeply or coughed.  Yes it was the weekend, but I went to the ER anyhow (I am not a huge fan of ER visits on the weekends IE didn't go when I had 105.5 temp and sepsis and about killed myself). 

So when it hurt at a level 10 on a scale of 1-10, I gave in and went to the ER.  I was worried I had walking pneumonia etc.  So of course, I decided to take the cautious road and went to the ER.  They couldn't find anything.  Great way to waste $250.  So I went to my primary doc today.  He said something about my muscles are messed up too from all the rest of the stuff I have endured.  I should have asked for more of an explanation - but didn't.  I will next time.  He thinks it is a very tightly strained muscle from all the coughing.

For the last two months, I have been fighting when the insurance companies are not notified that I am still eligible for insurance after my checking account is swept for my COBRA payment.  Somehow, it has been screwed up.  So my docs and pharmacy think I don't have insurance.  Whole other hassling issue for another time.

So I couldn't get my meds.  Paid $150 instead of $30 for a doc appointment.  Blah, blah, blah.  Monday - I was dead to the world.  But, did not get enough sleep (I know - what?????)  Hoping tomorrow is a good rest day.  I need it and need it badly.

Went to a different head doc and guess what he suggested:  Redefining my life with all the twist and turns of the last two years.  Big surprise!  Somebody explain this to me - I went from Point A to Point B without any choice.  I mostly deal with it well but some days not so much.  Maybe he can make it easy on me and give me a better road map.

More later -


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment